We created this healthy AND tasty quiche over the weekend to get our QRUNCH fix!
- 5-6 QRUNCH Burgers, (3) Spicy Italian and (2) Original (The amount needs to be adjusted to the size of the spring form pan.)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach, coarse chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Small bunch of fresh chives
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350° F. Thaw the QRUNCH burgers. In a medium sized bowl, break up the burgers using a fork or your hands. Add the melted butter and eggs. Combine to form a quinoa paste. Oil a 9″ spring form pan. Using fingers, compress the quinoa mixture on the bottom and sides of the pan. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until sides begin to pull away from the pan and edges just start to brown. Remove from oven.
While the crust is baking, sauté the onions and bell peppers. When softened, add the spinach. Sauté until reduced and then cool. In a blender, add the eggs and cheese. Blend for 30 seconds. Add to the spinach, onion, bell pepper mixture.
Pour the quiche mixture into the spring form pan QRUNCH crust. Return to the oven and bake for 45 minutes until the center is set. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove the spring form edges. Top with fresh chives and additioonal grated parmesan and serve warm.