Oh yeah, we’re ready here in Broncos country for the BIG Game. Here’s a tasty idea/topping for your QRUNCH burger this weekend: jalapeño, blueberry ketchup and orange peppers for additional crunch on your QRUNCH.
- Your favorite QRUNCH Burger patties, toasted or grilled
- Your favorite buns
Blueberry Jalapeño Ketchup (courtesy of The Cooking Cardiologist)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, washed and sorted
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Orange pepper slices
- In a blender, combine the blueberries and the jalapeño. Blend until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, add the olive oil and shallot. Sauté until softened.
- Add the blended blueberry mixture, mustard, brown sugar, rice vinegar, ketchup and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and thicken for 5-10 minutes and cool.
- Top on your favorite QRUNCH Burger with orange pepper slices. And go Broncos!