Nothing beats a hand-picked heirloom tomato topped with fresh buffalo mozzarella and basil in late summer. Packed with zest and full of flavor, classic Insalata Caprese is our favorite go to salad of the season. But why stop there? QRUNCH it up with our inspired Insalata Caprese tower.
- 1 package Spicy Italian QRUNCH burgers, toasted or grilled to perfection
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes
- 1 package buffalo mozzarella
- extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar for drizzle
- sea salt and cracked pepper
- 1 cup chopped basil (for garnish)
- Prepare the QRUNCH Spicy Italian burgers on the grill or toaster.
- Cut the Heirloom Tomatoes into ½ inch thick slices.
- Cut mozzarella into thin slices. Layer tomatoes, mozzarella, QRUNCH burgers, basil, tomatoes and cheese.
- Place gluten-free breadstick in the middle of the tomato, pressing through to resemble a stick.
- Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle salt and pepper and top with fresh basil.